Wax removal is currently available via the primary care audiology service for patients of the following surgeries :
- Afan Cluster : Afan Valley Group Practice, SBU HB Managed Practice (Cwmavon and Cymmer Health Centre), Fairfield Medical Centre, King’s Surgery, Mount Surgery, Riverside Surgery, Cwmavon Health Centre (Dr R Penney), Rosedale Medical Practice
- Neath Cluster : Briton Ferry Health Centre , Dyfed Road Health Centre, Skewen Medical Centre, Victoria Gardens Surgery, Alfred Street Primary Care Centre, Castle Surgery, Tabernacle Medical Centre, Waterside Medical Practice
- Cwmtawe Cluster : Cwmtawe Medical Group (including Clydach, New Cross and Sway Road surgeries), Strawberry Place Surgery, Llansamlet Surgery
- Upper Valleys Cluster : Amman Tawe Partnership, Dulais Valley Primary Care Centre, Pontardawe Primary Care Centre, Vale of Neath Practice
- Llwchwr Cluster : Estuary Group Practice (including Gowerton Medical Centre, Penclawdd surgery and Penybryn Surgery), Princess Street Surgery, Talybont Surgery, Ty’r Felin Surgery
Patients registered with these surgeries can make an appointment by contacting their GP surgery.
Unfortunately, the hospital-based audiology service is unable to carry out wax removal.
Drops and sprays to aid self management of ear wax are available at local supermarkets and pharmacies.
Go to this page for detailed advice on the self management of ear wax.