COVID vaccine jobs
We need to fill a number of different roles to help us get the COVID vaccine to communities across Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
Go to our health board jobs page for the latest adverts for staff for the COVID vaccination programme.
What we need most of are people who will be able to give the vaccinations.
For now, we are looking for what are known as registrant staff. These are health care workers registered with a professional body. A full list is below.
We are mainly looking for recently retired or soon-to-retire staff, so we are not drawing staff from their busy day jobs.
However, substantive members of staff can still help if they join the nurse bank and apply for extra shifts.
These are the workers we are looking for:
- Nurse or midwife currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Doctor currently registered with licence to practice with the General Medical Council(GMC)
- Pharmacist currently registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Chiropodist/podiatrist, dietician, occupational therapist, orthoptist / prosthetist, paramedics, physiotherapist, radiographer and speech and language therapist currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Dental hygienist and dental therapist registered with the General Dental Council
- Optometrist registered with the General Optical Council.
Go to this page if you are a registrant and would like to apply for a job as a COVID vaccinator.
Substantive members of staff can also apply to the nurse bank. Telephone: 01639 684401
Office opening hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on weekends
Not sure if it's for you? Watch this ITV Wales News story.