After a period of illness, you may frequently feel tired, or not able to sleep properly. You may also experience intense, vivid dreams or nightmares that feel very real. It is very important to have regular sleep in order to keep your body and mind healthy. Although it can take some time to get back to a normal sleep routine, the following strategies may be helpful:
- Try to get into a regular sleep routine and stick to going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time each day.
- Avoid caffeine late in the day and instead try a milky drink before bed.
- Unwind with a relaxing bath or shower if possible.
- Listening to the radio or reading a book, and avoiding screens like your phone or TV for an hour before bed may help.
- Using a room spray with a relaxing scent, such as lavender may help to promote sleep.
Go to this page for information about sleep from the NHS.