This statement applies to patients registered to:
Castle Surgery (Neath), Dr Wilkes & Partners (Briton Ferry), Waterside Medical Practice (Briton Ferry), Dyfed Road Surgery (Neath), Skewen Medical Centre (Skewen), Victoria Gardens Surgery (Neath), Alfred Street (Neath) and Tabernacle Surgery (Skewen).
As you will appreciate things are moving very fast and we are having to change the way we normally work to try and help you our patients and our staff.
Your patience at this time is appreciated.
Here is what we are doing at the moment.
Please help us to help you.
Please avoid coming into any of our practices.
If you, or anyone in your family/household, has a fever and/or a NEW continuous cough – do not attend the surgery. You should self-isolate for 14 days as a family and follow Public Health Wales’ advice.
Please can you remember we are working extremely hard and doing our best in what are unprecedented circumstances. Abuse will not be tolerated.
- Non-essential appointments are/or will be cancelled. If you have a pre-booked appointment the practice will contact you. You may be offered a telephone consultation with a clinician instead.
- For urgent appointments please telephone the practice. A member of the clinical team will ring you back. Please assist in this by giving the receptionists clear information and confirm your contact details. Please attend any appointment alone or if with a child, one adult per child. Please follow the social distancing advice when attending any appointment.
- Essential nursing appointments - e.g. Warfarin monitoring. We will inform you if your appointment is cancelled. If you become unwell please contact the practice before attending
- The appointments book going forward is currently closed.
- Repeat Prescriptions – Please order your prescriptions from your practice in the usual ways which don’t involve attending the practice. If available at your practice you can use ‘My health online’, email, telephone request or request via your pharmacy. Prescriptions will be sent to a pharmacy of your choice for collection
Information and advice for us and our patients will change and perhaps at short notice.
We will do our upmost to communicate with you and keep you informed.
Please follow us on social media, find us on Facebook as Neath Cluster and on Twitter as @NeathCluster
Dr Burge-Jones on behalf of the Neath Cluster